ReadMe Last Published: Sept. 8, 2020. Any updates to these notes are available at https://www.idera.com/support/productdocuments.
Thank you for using IDERA DB Change Manager! Its compare, synchronization, data masking, and auditing capabilities let you track and report on changes, roll out new releases, and pinpoint performance problems resulting from changes to the data, schema, and database configurations. By comparing a live database to a schema or configuration “snapshot” administrators can quickly identify changes and correct problems. By monitoring configuration settings, DBAs can ensure compliance with regulatory policies and performance standards, and maintain overall database performance and availability.
What's New in DB Change Manager 17.1.0
DB Optimizer 17.1.0 now supports the following operating system and database platforms:
· Windows Server 2019 and 2012 R2
· Oracle 11g R2
· SQL Server 2014 SP2
DB Change Manager requires the following:
Supported Operating Systems
DB Change Manager is supported on the following operating systems (32- and 64-bit):
DB Change Manager is supported on the following DBMS platforms and versions:
* For these databases, DB Change Manager supports a subset of this database version’s features/functions.
· DB Change Manager 17.1 should be installed in a different directory than 4.x, 5.x, 6.0.x, 6.1, 6.2, 6.3.x, 2016 (6.3.3), 2016+ (16.5), 16.6, and 17.0 versions. If DB Change Manager is installed in the same directory, the following error will result at application start up: "Unable to read workbench state. Workbench UI layout will be reset."
· If one of the conflicting versions is already installed on your machine, either change the default Workspace or delete all files from the Workspace directory. The Workspace directory location appears whenever you start DB Change Manager and can be redefined from this dialog box. If the same Workspace is indicated for the new version, as was indicated previously, the following error will result: "Cannot restore workbench layout."
· If DB Change Manager is already running, you can also modify the Workspace directory by choosing File > Switch Workspace > Other from the Main menu.
· The format in which schema comparisons are saved has changed in 6.x. Use the import feature to import pre-6.0 schema comparison jobs.
Beginning with version 17.0, DB Change Manager provides an upgrade
process for moving jobs and other information from an existing DB Change
Manager 4.0, 5.0, 5.1.x, 5.5.x or 5.6 installation. No upgrade process is
required to move from 6.x installations to DB Change Manager 17.1.
NOTE: You do not have to upgrade to 5.6, and then to DB Change Manager 17.1. The import procedure is the same.
Upgrading from Version 5.0, 5.1.x, 5.5.x or 5.6 to DB Change Manager 2016 (6.3.3), 2016+ (16.5), 16.6, 17.0, or 17.1
All objects can be imported from version 5.0, 5.1.x, 5.5.x or 5.6 to DB Change Manager 2016 (6.3.3), 2016+ (16.5), 16.6, 17.0, or 17.1.
To upgrade from 5.0, 5.1.x, 5.5.x or 5.6:
1. Make sure that the earlier product is not running and that no command line jobs are being processed.
2. Install and run DB Change Manager 17.1 in a different directory than the previous installation.
3. The Welcome to DB Change Manager dialog opens with the Setup and Import data sources, jobs, and settings from a previous version import options selected.
4. Click Get Started to launch the Import Wizard. Alternatively, you can launch the Import Wizard from the main menu:
o Select File > Import.
o Select Change Manager Workspace from the IDERA group and click Next.
5. Select the version of DB Change Manager from which to import.
6. Select the location of your DB Change Manager workspace. The default value is the default workspace, so you need only change this value if you configured DB Change Manager to store the workspace in a custom location.
7. The wizard imports the items from the previous DB Change Manager version. Click Next to continue through each step of the wizard.
8. Click Finish. The jobs are imported to DB Change Manager 17.1.
Upgrading from Version CMSchema 4.0 or CMData/Config 4.0 to DB Change Manager 17.1
The following objects can be imported from version 4.0:
The following objects cannot be imported from version 4.0:
NOTE: 4.0 should remain installed to access any archives and reports.
To upgrade from CM Schema 4.0:
1. To import schema comparison jobs from 4.0, obtain and install cmschema_40_932_upgrade.exe from your IDERA Technical Support representative.
2. Run cmschema_40_932_upgrade.exe to convert the schema component jobs from version 4.0 to 5.0, which uses an XML-based format.
3. Follow the steps as described in the previous section, Upgrading from Version 5.0, 5.1.x, 5.5.x or 5.6 to DB Change Manager 2016 (6.3.3), 2016+ (16.5), 16.6, 17.0, or 17.1.
Errors coming up for schema comparison job movies_dev to movies_prod
Configuration compare job save does not work – lose all work.
NullPointer exception while generating report once Schema Archive Job completed
All IDERA products include a 14-day trial period. To continue using the product without interruption, we recommend that you license it as soon as possible. For information on licensing your product, refer to the Quick Start Guide. If you have not yet purchased this product, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The IDERA Web site is an excellent source for additional product information, including white papers, articles, and discussion forums. Visit any of the links below to find:
If you have a valid maintenance contract with IDERA, the Technical Support team is available to assist you with any problems you have with our applications. Our maintenance contract also entitles registered users of IDERA products to download free software upgrades during the active contract period. Evaluators receive free technical support for the term of their evaluation (14 days).
To download evaluations of other IDERA products or to learn more about our company and our products visit us at www.idera.com.