The following procedure illustrates the essential steps to building a VCL Forms application using RAD Studio.
To create a VCL Form
- Choose FileNewOther. The New Items dialog appears.
- Select Delphi for .NET Projects.
- Double-click VCL Forms Application. The VCL Forms Designer displays.
- From the Tool Palette, place components onto the form to create the user interface.
- Write the code for the controls.
To associate code with a control
- Double-click a component on the form. The Code Editor displays, cursor in place within the event handler block.
- Code your application logic.
- Save and compile the application.