Audits automatically check for conformance to standard or user-defined style, maintenance, and robustness guidelines. Before running audits, make sure that the code being audited is compilable. If your source code contains errors, or some libraries and paths are not included, audits might produce inaccurate results.
Warning: This feature is available for implementation projects only.
To run audits:
- Open an implementation project.
- Open the Model View.
- Right-click the project root node. QA Audits on the context menu. The Audits dialog window opens.
- In this dialog window:
- If you want to run audits on specific classes, namespaces, or diagrams, make sure you correctly select them before you open the Audits dialog window.
- Choose the audits to run. As you click an audit, the description for each audit is shown in the lower pane of the dialog box.
- For each audit, the severity level and other audit-specific options are displayed in the right-hand panel of the Audits dialog box. Change the settings if necessary.
- When you have selected your set of audits, click Start. The Operation in progress dialog box opens displaying a status bar that indicates the progress completed. The status bar will display until the process finishes.
- If necessary, click Cancel to abort the process.
Note: Audits run in the command thread, so you cannot edit the project while they are being processed.
The Audits Results Pane opens automatically, displaying the results. In the results table, right-click any line to open the context menu and use its commands to perform operations with the report.