When compiling an application that references a Delphi-produced assembly, you can link the Delphi units for that assembly into your application. The compiler will link in the binary DCUIL files, which will eliminate the need to distribute the assembly with your application.
To link in a Delphi unit
- With your application open in the IDE, choose ProjectAdd Reference.
- In the Add Reference dialog box, select a Delphi-produced assembly DLL from the list of .NET assemblies and click the Add Reference button. If the assembly you want to link to is not in the list, use the Browse button to find and select it.
- Click OK. The assembly is listed in the References node of the Project Manager.
- In the Project Manager, right-click the assembly and choose Link in Delphi Units. The menu command is disabled if the reference is not a Delphi-produced assembly. In the Object Inspector, the corresponding Link Units property is set to True.
- Choose ProjectCompile to compile the application.