To lay out a diagram by using one of the algorithms:
- Right-click the diagram background.
- On the context menu, select Layout, and choose a command from the submenu. There are several Layout commands on the Layout submenu:
- Do Full Layout: Sets the layout of all elements according to the layout algorithm defined for the current diagram.
- Layout for Printing:Sets the layout of all elements using the Together algorithm, regardless of the option selected on any level.
- Route All Links:Streamlines the links removing bending points.
- Optimize Sizes: Enlarges or shrinks all elements on the diagram to the optimal size.
Note: Individual diagram elements also have the Route Links and Optimize Size layout commands on their respective context menus. The Route Links command streamlines the links removing any bending points. The Optimize Size command enlarges or shrinks the element to the optimal size, leaving enough space for its label and any sub elements it may contain.
Tip: To enable layout of the inner substructure in diagrams, check the Recursive
) in the Options
To set up the diagram layout:
- On the main menu choose ToolsOptions.
- On the desired level, select Together (level)DiagramLayout category.
- Expand the node for the desired algorithm.
- Specify the algorithm-specific options (if any) and apply changes.
Result: you can observe results of layout tuning when apply one of the Layout
commands to the diagram.
The context menu available in the Diagram View provides access to the automated layout optimization features in Together.