Use the following actions to annotate a diagram:
- Draw an annotation
- Draw an annotation link
- Type comments
To draw an annotation:
- In the Diagram View, you can:
- Hyperlink the note to another diagram or element.
- Edit the text when its in-place editor is active.
- Edit the properties of a note using Object Inspector.
- Add an existing note from one diagram to another diagram using a shortcut. (Select Add Shortcuts from any diagram context menu.)
- In the Object Inspector for the note, you can:
- Edit the text.
- Change the foreground and background colors.
- Change the text-only property.
To draw an annotation link:
- Click the Note Link button on the Tool Palette.
- In the Diagram View, click the source element.
- Drag the link to the destination element.
- Drop when the second element is highlighted.
Tip: You can use the Object Inspector
to view both the client and supplier sides of the link.
To type comments:
- To enter comments in the source code, use the Comment fields (Author, Since, Version) in the Object Inspector for the class.
- You can also enter source code comments directly into the code using the Editor.