The impact of changing a class, interface, or namespace on a logical class diagram varies according to the kind of change:
- Changing the name, adding a member, creating a new link, or applying a pattern makes the corresponding change in the actual source code.
- Choose Delete from View on the context menu of the element to remove the element from a current diagram and keep the element in the namespace (package).
- Choose Delete on the context menu to completely remove the element from the model.
- When you press Delete on the keyboard, the Delete from view command is applied, if it is available in this particular situation. If it is not, the element is deleted completely.
- Direct changes in source code editor, such as renaming a class, cannot be tracked by Modeling. Use refactoring operations for this purpose.