To export a project to XMI format:
- In the Model View, right-click the root project node, and choose Export Project to XMI, or choose FileExport Project to XMI on the main menu. The XMI Export dialog box opens.
- In the Select XMI Type groupbox, select the xml/uml version you wish the file to support. You can select from the available XMI Type choices:
- XMI for UML 1.3 (Unisys Extension)
- XMI for UML 1.3 (Unisys Extension, Recommended for TCC), default value
- XMI for UML 1.3 (Unisys Extension, Recommended for IBM Rational Rose)
- Click the drop-down arrow to select an appropriate XMI encoding requirement. The default value is UTF-8.
- Specify the export destination. You can include the path as well as the name of the file (.xml) which will be created, or you can accept the default: (project folder)\out\xmi\(project name).xml
- Click Export. If the destination directory does not exist, a confirmation dialog asks if you want to create it.
- Click Yes.
Result: The created XML file is added to the specified location.