This topic explains how to create a single model element.
To create a single model element:
- Open a target diagram in the Diagram View.
- Choose Tool Palette from the View menu.
- Choose the UML [diagram type] tab in the Tool Palette to view available model elements.
- On the Tool Palette, click the icon for the element you want to place on the diagram. The button stays down.
Tip: Icons are identified with labels.
- Click the diagram background in the place where you want to create the new element. This creates the new element and activates the in-place editor for its name.
Tip: Alternatively, you can right-click the diagram background and choose Add on the context menu. The submenu displays all of the basic elements that can be added to the diagram, and the Shortcuts command.