With Embarcadero AppWave you get:
● AppWave, which lets you centrally provision, manage and update products and licenses inside your own firewall. AppWave is lightweight software that centrally manages applications and licenses. You control what product versions are available to end users from their AppWave Browser. With network licensing, you can use AppWave to centrally control the list of authorized users. AppWave also supports you in managing many third-party applications that can be mastered as Apps in AppWave Studio. Using AppWave Studio, you can also broadcast in-house developed applications.
AppWave lets you simplify licensing, reduce costs, and control access by consolidating, centralizing, and standardizing on how you deliver applications. Database professionals and application developers have on-demand access to Embarcadero applications when they need them. You can run multiple versions side-by-side, and adapt tool sets by project and platform to respond faster to changing business demands.
● AppWave Browser, a lightweight client that is the primary entry point for the various products used with AppWave. It allows users to launch, install, update, and review, and select product versions, all from a single interface. It also provides access to AppWave Studio and to AppWave Administrative functions. From the AppWave Browser you can access the AppWave Store where you can search for, run, and review hundreds of free apps. The same administrative functionality that is available in the Admin console application is also available on the AppWave Admin tab. For more information, see the AppWave Browser Apps User Guide and the AppWave Studio User Guide.
● AppWave Apps for instant access to your products without installation. AppWave saves valuable time by allowing quick access to products, even in locked-down desktop environments where installing software is problematic. For more information about AppWave Apps, see Understanding AppWave Apps.
● AppWave Store for access over the internet from the AppWave Browser to hundreds of free apps. In the AppWave Store you can search for, run, and review apps.
● AppWave Studio is used to create an App file for a customer product. This product can be an Embarcadero product or a generic application. The creation process walks you through a series of steps where you author and then broadcast the App for your selected product. This can then be run on the local machine and be launched using AppWave Browser. Once broadcasted to AppWave, the App can be broadcasted to AppWave Browser users over the network. You need a special license to use AppWave Studio, either AppWave for X, AppWave for Custom, or AppWave for Vendor. For more information, see the AppWave Studio User Guide.
● All-Access: Embarcadero All-Access licenses that are managed by AppWave provide you with industry-leading database tools, including DBArtisan®, Rapid SQL®, ER/Studio® family of products, and many more. All-Access licenses also provide powerful application development tools, including Delphi®, JBuilder®, C++Builder®, the InterBase® SMP database, and more.
Supported database platforms, programming languages, frameworks, and roles include:
• Databases: Oracle, IBM® DB2, Sybase®, Microsoft® SQL Server, InterBase® SMP, MySQL®.
• Languages and Frameworks: C++, Delphi®, Java™, PHP, Ruby™, ANSI SQL, Procedural SQL, UML®, HTML, XML, BPMN, Data Lineage, ERD.
• Application and Database Roles: Developers, Architects, Performance Testers, and DBAs.
The benefits of Embarcadero All-Access include:
• Convenience: You have instant access to the right application when you need it.
• Flexibility: A single All-Access license serves the needs of developers, architects, performance testers, and DBAs, supporting multiple platforms, programming languages, and frameworks.
• Simplicity: It is much easier to buy, provision, and manage your applications.
• Predictability: A comprehensive set of applications provides year-over-year predictability and cost savings.
When you purchase Embarcadero All-Access, you get AppWave and AppWave Browser with:
• All-Access Membership provides support, updates, upgrades, new products, and access to premium content on the Embarcadero Developer Network (EDN).
• All-Access Pass is the license key that unlocks all applications for a given All-Access level. For more information about levels, see